When we talk of the range finder, we are talking about the device which is can accurately determine the distance of a far-off object using laser technology.
Laser rangefinders are a popular tool among hunters, golfers, and many other sportsmen. So, it is critical to do your research and find a performance model, one that gets the highest marks where it counts.
We’ve determined which models perform best in the field regardless of what you are taking your shots with. Here we have sought out ones that go the distance to bring you the best 1000 yard range finder.
Though some of these models are designed either for hunting or for golf, we tried to find the ones that would perform equally well for either. Truth be told, most rangefinders are not inexpensive.
There are some under $100, but the quality is always captured in price. If you’re a hunter, you know how important it is to accurately judge the distance to your targets.
Accuracy and distance will mean the difference between a successful hunt and a short camping trip.
That said, hunting rangefinders are tools meant to help ensure you don’t go home from your next hunt empty-handed. Today, we hope to provide you with our best hunting rangefinder reviews so that you may find one you’ll enjoy using.
Best Products You Can Find on the Market
1. LaserWorks LW1000SPI Laser Rangefinder
- Weight: 152 g
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 4.5 x 3.2 inches
- Key Features: 5-1000 yards performance, Powerful optical 6X magnification, water, and dust resistance, Totally One-key to measure, Auto power-off
- Best Use: hunting and golf
The LW1000SPI comes with a prolific accuracy, which gives you the exact distance to your target up to 1000 yards, additionally, a high anti-target ranging 1600 meters will lock flagpole distance for you and this will be done correctly. Why go for a name you can’t put your mind at rest with?
Especially now that so many combat and survival products amongst others have now flooded the market. Going for a name you trust wouldn’t be a bad idea.
The LaserWorks LW1000SPI Laser Rangefinder is surely all that and will be a sound purchase for your combat gear or tactical ability. The device comes with powerful optical 6x magnification and transparently clear lens, this gets you closer to your target than ever.
It also has more than one of the measurement modes that you’ll be able to use the corresponding function consistent with different scenarios. This device could also measure speed within the range of 0-300KM.
With seal deal of 360 extents, it has been tested to be a waterproof and long lasting device. There is a comfort grip because of its ergonomic design, it’s also compact and you can carry it around as you like having weighed just 152g.
Apparently to consider human health human, environmentally friendly ABS plastic material was adopted in the making of this device. The LaserWorks LW1000SPI Laser Rangefinder for hunting is highly valued and is a preferred option for most like-minded people. Laserworks have ensured that this device provides a good value for its money.
2. Vortex Optics Ranger 1000
- Weight: 8 ounces
- Dimensions: 8 x 6 x 12 inches
- Key Features: Fully multi-coated lenses, Rubber armor, secure, non-slip grip, rugged design, compact and lightweight
- Best Use: Hunting
The Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 provides shooters and hunters all data related to distance in order for them to make accurate shots. This device has been built for durability, which enables it to withstand all form of external damages that might come its way.
Also in its design is the rubber non-slip armoring. Capable of ranging targets up to 1000 yards range and the primary HCD (Horizontal Component Distance) mode shows an angle-compensated distance reading.
The Vortex Ranger 1000 Horizontal Component Distance Range Finder may be used in three modes, which are the Line of sight (LOS) mode as well as Scan mode that gives you actual distance when using in a tracking game or across the landscape and lastly in the primary (HCD) mode.
Moreover, the Vortex Optics Ranger 1000 is very easy to carry around and that is why a lanyard is included so, you can hang the device to it, or clipping it to your belt or pocket via the utility clip that is included. The Ranger 1000 puts things simple for you and still provides the performance of highest pedigree.
This device can be adjusted to read in meters or yards in order to allow certain user preference. Accuracy is great so is the reliability of range measurements and it is highly recommended for target shooters, gun hunters, and bow hunters.
This device ensures hits and up to whatever challenge you pitch it against. It is easy to use and gives you a clean display. The Ranger 1000 has fully multicoated lenses that deliver optimal light transmission it is sealed with o-rings for its waterproof performances.
This device is known for its accurate distance measurement on the first attempt, which gives it an edge over other rangers that may register distance faster than ranger 1000 May. The device runs on a common CR2 battery.
3. Bushnell Medalist Laser Rangefinder
- Weight: 9 ounces
- Dimensions: 1.7 x 4.5 x 3.8 inches
- Key Features: 4x magnification, 20mm objective diameter; offers a range of 5 to 1,000 yards, Laser rangefinder with built-in PinSeeker technology for determining golf ranges.
- Best Use: hunting and golf.
Diminutive in size but packed with magnificent range finding features, the Bushnell Medalist is the real deal. Like its predecessor the PinSeeker 1500. The Bushnell Medalist is enhanced with PinSeeker technology to and to consistency and pinpoint accuracy allowing you to range up to 250 yards (±1 yard) to the flag without using reflectors.
This device promises perfect accuracy and consistency when you are making a shot on the golf course. Golfer of any skill level will certainly appreciate how good this device is with 4x magnification and extremely operational and useful features.
The medalist is made up of rubber armoring to enable you to grip it easily and premium case to carry it with, having weighed just 9 ounces and also measures 1.7 x 4.5 x 3.8 inches in size. All around the world, the medalist is being used and it is legal for all tournaments and also for posting scores for handicap purposes. It is powered by a 9-volt battery, distance readings are offered in meters and yards for standard scan mode.
Medalist Range Finder comprises of two things: PinSeeker technology and lower scores. Very quick with a natural look, the Bushnell Medalist Golf Rangefinder finds flags tucked in the farthest corners of the green field amidst the barriers that could hinder the effects of the lesser rangefinders.
Most users have proved their love for the Medalist and also found it very easy to operate. If you are looking for a laser rangefinder at a lower rate, you should definitely consider this device.
4. Leupold RX-1200i TBR Compact Digital Laser Rangefinder
- Weight: 8.8 ounces
- Dimensions: 5.6 x 4.6 x 3.1 inches
- Key Features: Weatherproof and feature multi-coated optics, Pocket-sized, Actual Magnification: 6x, Linear Field of View (ft/1000 yd): 320′
- Best Use: This device is suitable for hunting.
Almost gets you nothing as they say. Leupold Rangefinders are more accurate, faster, and get you longer ranges than you have ever seen. A digitally enhanced accuracy with high-performance optics and perfect ballistic range is enough features not to talk of the advanced OLED technology, quick set menu, lithium battery, and impressive magnification that this rangefinder boosts.
The Leupold RX-1200i TBR Rangefinder was manufactured to be the genuine way for shooters to get the perfect ballistic range readings. The third generations signal processing ability of this Laser Rangefinder from the experts at Leupold hugely increases non-reflective targets, dependability on soft targets and it also provides ranging consistency irrespective of the color of the target.
Rifle settings still have all of the revolutionary TBR capabilities that have become the trademark of Leupold rangefinders, with the inclusion of milli-radian based shot-correction data. Shooters are able to achieve true ballistic range readings up to 125 yards, shown to the nearest 1/10th yard with the aid of Leupold’s high-performance DNA (Digitally Enhanced Accuracy) engine.
It is smaller and brighter than previous rangefinders, the Leupold RX-1200i TBR Rangefinder is not even up to 4 inches in length and also features multiple display advanced settings.
The quick-set menu which can be operated via on-screen prompts makes this rangefinder very easy to use on the field. This device features multi-coated optics and it’s highly waterproof, also can measure in yards or meters, reticles are selectable and also has fold-down rubber eyecups to allow users with or without eyeglasses.
One of the reasons that make this device stand out is that it is packed with features and is also pocket-sized.
5. KOLSOL KY1000 Laser Rangefinder
- Weight: 150 g
- Dimensions: 106 x 35 x 65 mm
- Key Features: 6.5x Magnification, Battery: CR2-3V(Not included), 1 Year Free Warranty, advanced Pinsensor technology, and durable body.
- Best Use: hunting and golf.
With so many competing tactical, combat and survival products available recently, it is good to have a brand that you can recognize. The KOLSOL Dual-use Golf Hunting Laser Rangefinder comes greatly recommended and is always a favored choice for many like-minded people.
KOLSOL have passed on some great touches and this means better value. This device is certainly all that and will be an excellent purchase for your combat kit or tactical ability.
6. Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC 6 x 21mm Laser Rangefinder
- Weight: 187 g
- Dimensions: 33 x 102 x 74 mm
- Key Features: Compatible with magnetic attachment system, Diopter adjustment for crystal clear viewing, Provides up to 1/2 yard accuracy, Fully water/fog proof.
- Best Use: golf and hunting.
The Bushnell Scout DX 1000 has an ARC display which features indicators for an aiming circle, rifle and bow mode (for hunters), the active laser, targeting symbols, a bull’s eye mode, a numeric display, brush mode, targeting symbols, a second numeric display and distance. So basically it is an advanced rangefinder and it offers an exact angle via -/+90 degrees of elevation.
In other words, it solves an issue that golfers have been facing for years how to circumvent inclines due to their extreme angles. The battery indicator will indicate when the battery is full when 2/3 charge is left when 1/3 charge is left and it will also start to blink when the battery is about to run down. If it is not charged before it is too late, then the unit will power down and you will not be able to use it.
To replace the battery, remove the cap of the battery compartment by spinning the screw counterclockwise. This will open the door. Insert a 9-volt alkaline battery into the compartment and then attach the connectors of the battery.
The ARC rangefinder is composed of an ESP turbo processor, which allows you to quickly acquire your target, and calculate precise distance measurements so that you can make the perfect shot.
So if you are searching for an intuitive and effective rangefinder. The Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC provides Angle Range Compensation out to 99 yards, giving you an accurate “shoots like” reading.
The ARC modes are selectable between Bow and Rifle modes, so the rangefinder is equally useful to bow or gun hunters. The device does not have Bushnell’s Clear Shot technology, though, so you still have to be mindful of obstructions when you are taking the shot.
7. KOLSOL Dual-use Golf Hunting Laser Rangefinder
- Weight: 150 g
- Dimensions: 160 x 35 x 65 mm
- Key Features: Water and dustproof standard, Battery type: CR-3V, Best Measuring Range:5y-600y.
- Best Use: Golf and hunting.
Kolsol Laser Rangefinder is great for measuring up to 1000 yards distance to a fixed or slowly moving object with advanced Pin-sensor technology, and a durable body. The low-emission laser is harmless to your eyes.
The multilayered optics are easy to read, through the lens display with distance and battery meter, and continuous measurement mode for fast, convenient measurements. As the name implies, it serves double purposes, so it is good for golf and hunting.
It also has water and dust-proof feature so, which makes it so different to other rangefinders.
8. Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt Rangefinder
- Weight: 7.9 ounces
- Dimensions: 65 x 34 x 40 mm
- Key Features: 6x magnification; fully waterproof, Ranges from 5 to 1,300 yards, Pin Seeker with JOLT technology
- Best Use: golf.
The Bushnell Tour Z6 displays clearly and it is very simple to read, with the glare being reduced by a slight tint. You need to press the power/firing button firmly so the device could be turned on, and then press the button again, this enables the device to start receiving distance readings.
The firing button of this device requires more effort in other to keep it pressed and continue to keep depressed than any other device.
The Bushnell Tour Z6 goes on with the fascinating color pattern on its Pro 1M relative. The white and black mixture is the color that you will find on the body. Most part of this device’s body is made with rubber materials, which really makes it flexible.
This led to Bushnell describing the body of tour z6 as “rubber armored metal housing”. Moreover, being made with rubber materials promotes smooth interface with your wet or dry hands. There is no slip sliding away for this little device.
You can feel the construction is sturdy. The Tour Z6 shows the distance just below the aiming circle (but when you fire the laser, crosshairs will be displayed around the aiming circle), and the battery level will be indicated to its left.
There is a flagstick icon exactly at the right of the distance, which is a part of the Pinseeker indicator. The flagstick will be surrounded by a circle when the device has a target locked onto it. This product has a range, which is from 5 to 1,300 yards plus 450 yards to the flag and also one and a half yards accuracy to the first 25 yards.
With the aid of vivid display technology, clarity of information and contrast have been improved. This device is waterproof and gives 6 x magnification and it is safe to say that it is legal to use for tournaments.
Features to Consider Before Purchase
There are many qualities that make a good rangefinder. Some of the qualities that you should literally go for include the followings:
- Optic Technology – When shopping for a device like this remember that it is basically built on optic technology. The device’s ability to utilize the effects of the surrounding light, which enables it to give you your desired range. In a nutshell, you should consider what version of optic technology the device is built on.
- Magnification – One thing is to find a good range, another thing is trying to get a clearer look at what your device brings. If the device’s ability to magnify is poor, you are sure to rue your missed chances. Take this quality seriously before buying a rangefinder.
- Picture Quality – Here we are talking about the quality of the pictures your device brings, is it as clear as crystals or blurry to the worst imagination? You have to know about the quality of the pictures you are getting from this device before you decide on the one to go for. It’s an essential factor to look out for.
- The Battery Life – As we, all know that this is a very important factor to consider when choosing a desirable device, its source of life, which is primarily the battery. These devices come with different battery power which could have a great effect on how well you utilize your device. Go for the device with the highest battery power.
- Durability – This is another great factor to put into consideration when shopping for your device. The ability of the device to withstand wear, pressure, or damage. This gives assurance of the device having a relatively long life.
- Fog and Waterproof – This feature is also as important as others, why buy what you cannot use anytime you want? But with fog and waterproof ability, the device will be useful under any kind of weather. It’s an essential feature to look for.
Still Considering Which One to Go For?
There is little argument that laser range finders are the way to go when it comes to distancing your shots. Also, you wouldn’t want to rue your missed chances when you go hunting.
The above-reviewed rangefinders are one of the best rangefinders you can pick up right now, the quality and precision are a hard-to-beat combo.
While the cost may seem high if you have yet to carry one with you. You are nearly guaranteed to cut down more strokes off your games and rue more chances while hunting than you would with any of the above devices.
The most important thing is to go for the one that best suits your course. But now we would like to hear from you.
Which device did you go with and why? Tell us in the comments section below. And don’t forget to share this out with your friends on social media.
Check these also:
- Easy to use with 3 modes: Scan Mode, this mode can be used to range measurement of all items within the scope of application(5-1200 Yards); Slope...
- Wide application: Perfect for golf and hunting, give you accurate distance and slope data
- Package Content: GS03-1200 range finder; canvas bag; box; strap; lens cloth; CR2 battery; operation manual, 12 months guaranty
- We provide outstanding pre/after customer service, so if you have any questions or suggestions about our products, don't hesitate to contact us
- There is a transparent plastic film on our battery, so before putting the battery into the battery compartment, please make sure to unpack the battery
- 【Laser Rangefinder for Hunting】-- Class 1, 905nm laser type, 6X Magnification, 7-degree field angle, distance range 5-650Y/1200yds,...
- 【3 Mode & Easy to Use】-- 3 Mode to Choice: Distance Measure & Normal Scan Mode, Golf Mode and Speed Mode: Normal Scan Mode is for distance...
- 【Unique Design & Battery USB Charging】-- Our range finder for hunting with clear optics, Sizes 106x 72 x 40 mm and weight 184g, perfect for...
- 【Hunting Rangefinder】-- Designed for hunting and can measure both distance and speed. Provides distance data needed for accurate shots to avoid...
- 【Full Accessories and 100% Satisfaction Promise】-- Complete laser rangefinder hunting set, including 1x Rangefinder, 1x Carrying Pouch, 1x USB...
- 【Waterproof Rangefinder for Hunting】-This hunting equipment is sealed to IPX5 waterproof standard, protected from water projected from a nozzle,...
- 【Accuate Hunting Rangefinder】-It gets consistent and accurate data feedback at long distance to targets, traps, bushes or animals etc. It can even...
- 【Smart Fast Laser Rangefinder】-When targeting not-easy-to-measure objects, just aim well, depress and hold the power button to activate...
- 【Archery Bow Mode】-Easy to operate with continuous scan, 1st target lock and bow mode horizontal distance measurement with uphill or downhill...
- 【Quality Rangefinder Monocular】-6X magnification with clear image at day time. Package includes a carrying pouch, wrist lanyard, lens cleaning...
- Maximum reflective range of 1000 yards. 6x magnification. Ergonomic design with non-slip grip. Accuracy: +/-one yard
- Scan mode allows you to range multiple targets at different yardages with only one click of the button
- Angle intelligence: calculate true horizontal distance of targets at any elevation. Weather resistant housing
- Shows distance in both meters and yards. Adjustable Eye piece for focus
- Includes nylon protective case, CR2 Battery, carrying lanyard, and lens cloth
- 【High Precision Golf & Hunting Range Finder】 Adopting the latest Pin technology.Measuring range from 5 to 1000 yards，LCD displays stright-line...
- 【High Quality Rangefinder】The rangefinder used the advance inkjet technology ,Hardly Scratch the surface of the rangefinder , there will be no...
- 【Rechargeable Battery 】Equipped with 7500mah,3.7V rechargeable lithium battery, it can measure more than 30000 times after a fully charge.; A...
- 【About Waterproof 】If you used it in rained a bit,not heavy rained ,its ok .but In order to ensure the accuracy and long-term use of the...
- 【WARRANTY and Full Accessories】 Provides two years VIP(Need registered on webiste ) and lifetime customer Tech support. If you meet any quality...
- 1000 Yard Amazon
- Rechargeable Battery
- Slope On/Off (USGA Tournament Legal)
- Flag-lok Technology with Pulse Vibration
- Clearview Liquid Crystal Display
- Precise Slope Measurement: Our highly accurate laser rangefinder accounts for elevation changes and measures the angle of incline/decline, then...
- Maximum Magnification: Equipped with 6x magnification, our rangefinders for golfing feature a range of 5-1000 yards with +/- 1 yard accuracy and even...
- Pin-Locking Technology: Our precise laser measure with Pin Acquisition Technology (P.A.T.) allows you to lock onto a pin up to 300 yards away
- Pulse Confirmation: Our range finder will emit a short vibrating "burst" when the laser locks onto the pin to confirm you have the correct distance
- External Slope On/Off Switch: Legal for tournament play
- Clear LCD Display Screen: The golf rangefinder is easy to spot your distances with wide 2 inches LCD display. Convenient external LCD laser...
- 6 Modes Golf & Hunting Range Finder: This laser rangefinder has 6 measurement modes, speed measurement, distance measurement, scan mode,...
- Golf Rangefinder with Slope: This is laser class 1 range finder. Slope ON/OFF technology can help you select the correct club for the shot. Accuracy...
- Ergonomic & Sporty Design: A portable laser rangefinder only weighs 0.49 pounds, fits comfortably in your hands. And the premium carrying pouch makes...
- 100% Reliable Service: 24-hour online service, 30-Days money back and an 18-months replacement warranty and lifetime technical support. Excellent gift...
- Like our S, B, and RS Series optics, the Maven RF.1 represents our elite range finder, delivered for a fraction of comparable rangefinders’ costs....
- Waterproof, fogproof, and scratch resistant lens coatings will ensure unimpeded field use.
- The RF.1 is tripod adaptable.
- Because of our direct-to-consumer, no retail-markup business model, you know you’ll be getting the best rangefinder for your buck.
- Maven optics are made with a commitment to you, our customer. All Maven optics come with an unconditional life-time warranty. If your optic becomes...
- Smart Ballistic Calculator - connect via Bluetooth to your phone to do all calculations in the background through the ATN Smart Phone App.
- Long Range - it helps you quickly calculate the distance between yourself and selected object even at a distance of 1000 meters (1093 yards).
- Maximum Accuracy - complicated calculations can be performed in seconds with unmatched precision.
- Pairs with Smart HD - it also can be paired with your ATN Smart Scope and give you real time POI(Point of Impact) adjustments.
- 2-Year Warranty - unite comes with a Two-Year Limited Warranty.